Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome!

My first post. I have been thinking about this for a while and decided to finally put it into action.

A bit about me. I am married, we own a mortgage and have a little boy. I am a stay at home mother and we survive on one income. I handle pretty much all our finances and spend a lot of time trying to work out ways to save money, especially when it comes to groceries. I have come across some great recipes which are cheap, quick, easy and taste great not to mention the things I create for myself which accounts for maybe 90% of what I cook.

I am hoping that sharing my day to day cooking adventures along with other tips I may be able to help others.

My grocerie budget averages at approximately $100 per week excluding the cost of nappies. I hope to post several tips and cooking ideas per week where possible.

Remember though that the food I make as I go does not have measurements, just guides, ingredients and confidence in my ability to make it taste right. You can't be scared to throw things in, that's what makes cooking fun!

No comments: