Sunday, November 30, 2008

Coming soon to a Nutshell near you!

Turbo Chef Oven!!

OK, I don't watch Informercials normally but I happened across this not so long ago and instantly wanted one. I sat there for half an hour watching Mr T of all people promoting this product. Tacky as it is with all the staged oooh and aaaahs coming from the audience, I was hooked.

Some of you might have seen similar products. Bench top ovens that work by circulating air etc. designed to cook faster. Well this is the step up from what you can buy in shops. It cooks by combining air circulation with infared and halogen. A whole chicken can take something like 30 minutes and you can cook your vegies at the same time. It can do pizza, cakes, work as a grill, bake bread and much more! The fat drains off to a catchment below and it's also self cleaning...

So will it be as good as it sounds? In about 10 days I should receive mine and I will tell you. Ok it's not the cheapest appliance in the world and technically I am putting off getting my nice new mixer but if it's good it will save time and money in the long run.

Of course the bastards advertise it at $200 + $30 postage... You order and then it says "Would you like to upgrate to platinum?"... Ok, you get fan speeds and a digital controller!!! Sure why not...

"Would you like the 4 piece kit that comes with the pizza tray, breakfast rack, grilling tray and something else that I can't recall?"...

"Well yes of course I would. With0ut those things all I have is a glorified microwave without a turntble (though it doesn't cook using microwaves, just to compare the concept".

"Would you like the extension so you can cook chickens, cakes, have more than one layer blah blah blah".

"Yes... I guess I would as I plan to use this quite a bit"...

"Would you like fast delivery for just an extra $10 so you can get it in a few days rather than a months time"...

"Sure, why not".

"You can get a free slicing set worth $50 and you only have to pay $15 extra for postage!!!"

"No, I will pass on the slicer... the grand total has already reached $330 as it is..."

It had better be worth it!

No comments: