Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vegetarian pasta

Quick, simple, tasty.

I was in a hurry to put together a quick meal and pasta is always a hit. I didn't have time to defrost mince so I just went vegetarian.

Simple.

In a pan heat up some oil (I use my garlic oil but not necessary as there is a bit more garlic added at the end).

Dice and fry an onion.

Add 1 tin of peeled, diced tomatos.

I use the every day spice mix from Aldi but you can use any seasoning you like. A little extra salt can be useful if using a multi spice mix though, but that depends on your taste.

At the end add a clove of crushed garlic. Now I know this is something you normally do at the start but I learned a little trick the other day for a bit of a flavour kick. If you add cooked garlic to start with, add a bit of uncooked at the end and let simmer for a few minutes. Also good with parsley.

Cook your paster, simmer sauce. Serve!

I add parmesan cheese of course and I love it with a bit of light sour cream. I found with the sour cream it tastes almost like my really nice beef bolognaise sauce as well.

You can add extra vegies by grating in carrot and finely chopped capsicum. Other hidden vegies would be things like cauli flower finles chopped or pureed and anything else that is red or white.

No comments: