Monday, December 15, 2008

The Flavourwave!!!

I love it!!!

I got my turbo chef the other day. My infared + Halogen heating benchtop oven thing. You can find them at the Danoz website for those interested in checking it out.

Thus far I think it's marvelous! Crumbed fish has never been so good in the oven... My chicken was perfect! Moist, crunchy skin but no oil... Chips are crunchy, pizza is excellent. Truly I am more than impressed thus far.

I got it on Friday and have used it every day... I think it may well be my most used appliance of all. The quality of the food is really fantastic and I have literally added no extra fat to anything. I am going to try baking in it at some point... And looking forward to making my BBQ ribs some time this week.

Quick recipe of the week.
Lightly cook an onion. Add meat removed from roast chicken, add a tin of tomatos and season to taste. Server with pasta and sprinkle on some paremsan cheese. Done!

Great served with some nice bread... A nice blob of sourcream goes well on top too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
My flavorwave arrived yesterday and like you, I am very impressed. Last night I cooked steak (cooked from frozen)and potatoes (started in microwave)..absolutely yum!
Have you tried the breakfast rack? The only info I can find says there is no need to pierce the shell, no cooking times or other instructions. Do the bacon, eggs and toast go in at the same time? I am mostly concerned about exploding eggs!

Nut said...

I have only tried eggs and toast. The eggs were fine but needed closer to 10 mintues than 6. 6 minutes they were BARELY starting to cook.

The toast is better in the toaster. It didn't go brown at all. Bacon I have not yet tried.

Nut said...

Just to add, I have made a fruit crumble in there and that was great too!

I found a website where people post their own flavourwave recipes. Will track it down and post it.

Tritium said...

Was searching google for halogen oven recipes and found your site. How are things going with it?

I found a message board with a usefull thread I thought you might want to look at;
http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=236754

Enjoy
Tritium