Sunday, May 3, 2009

Slow Cooker Meatballs

I have had my slow cooker since christmas but have not used it as much as I would like. So I have decided to make at least 1 meal per week. I don't have any recipes to follow but I thought I would give a tomato meatballs and pasta a go and it came out rather well I thought. I have a rather large slow cooker so this recipe is just a guide (as usual) and you can work out your needs from there.

- 1 onion, sliced and placed in the dish.
- About half a bag of frozen stir fry veggies but you can use any type, fresh or frozen.
- Meatballs - Made in my usual way with bread crumbs, eggs and seasoning (though I did not use onions in it this time due to the onions being in the dish already).
- I used 2 tins of diced tomato but you may only need one if it's a smaller cooker.
- I filled up about half the tin with hot water and added a cube or 2 of stock.
- Salt, pepper and seasoning to taste (a bay leaf would go well)
- I think I used around half a bag of spiral noodles.

Cook for around 3 hours on high or 5 - 6 on low I guess... Done!!! Entire meal in a pot!!

Afterward I decided that next time I will add some tomato paste as well just to thicken it up a bit. I served with parmesan cheese and it made quite a few meals.

No comments: